Posted by Zoe Geoffrion , on Oct, 2017
Smoke detectors are an essential part of a fire alarm system that can help alert to a potential fire that is forming. When a fire starts to form, it will begin to release smoke that will drift upwards to the ceiling of a building. In some cases, such as electrical fires, smoke can form and smolder before the fire breaks out to cause damage to a building or equipment. By detecting the smoke before a blaze starts, a person can distinguish the problem and call for help before a fire begins to grow out-of-control. A smoke detector inspection in Toronto, ON area can help ensure the detector is working properly to prevent the device from malfunctioning.
How to Maintain a Smoke Detector
- If the detector is battery operated, it is important to replace the battery on a regular basis such as every six months to ensure the device will work.
- A smoke detector should be cleaned regularly to help remove any dust or debris that gathers on the device and can prevent the detector from operating properly.
- A detector keeps sounding with no known source of the smoke, it is important to call a professional that provides smoke detector inspection in Toronto, ON to find the source of the problem and fix the issue.
- The detector should never be disabled by removing the batteries or unplugging the electrical source.
- Routine testing should be performed to ensure the detector is functioning properly.
Be Alerted in Time with a Reliable Smoke Detector
Any type of business requires an operational fire alarms system to help alert the occupants and emergency personnel to a potential fire. Especially, in establishments such as hospitals, apartments, or another facility that house people. Time is a factor in saving people’s lives and minimizing the damage to a building. Harding Fire Protection Systems supplies the high-quality and reliable products required to help ensure a building is protected in case a fire should ever erupt.