Posted by Zoe Geoffrion , on Mar, 2017
When you work from a home office, it is easy to get caught up with endless distractions, which can cause you to lose focus. This results in lost productivity, less efficiency and ultimately, a business that doesn’t thrive. If your business is such that you meet with clients throughout the day, you could be spending too much time calling to schedule appointments, or calling to remind them of their appointments. As your business grows, it can be difficult to keep up. That’s where an automated appointment scheduler comes in. This invaluable tool can be a lifesaver when it comes to increasing productivity and efficiency. Here are some other tips for creating a more efficient office environment:
- Schedule your day the night before: Planning the night before will have you set and ready for the day.
- Do the important tasks first: Prioritizing is the best way to get the important things done first.
- Delegate: Things like bookkeeping and marketing can be outsourced to professionals so you have more time to concentrate on other areas of your business.
- Focus: Get rid of distractions from your computer. Make it a point to not check your personal email, Facebook profile, or answer your phone until your work is complete. Let your family know what your working hours are so they won’t disturb you.
- Automate your systems: Appointment scheduling and reminders are a great way to take back some of your time and streamline your processes. It also cuts down on no-shows.
- Keep a clean workspace: A tidy workspace helps you focus and make better decisions. Try to keep everything neat and tidy.
- Take a break: Make sure you get up and stretch for 10 minutes every hour or so, and take time out to eat (not at your desk).
Utilizing an automated appointment scheduler and other resources allows you to run your home office with more efficiency. For more information visit ITFrontDesk.