Benefits Of Long Term Disability Insurance In New Jersey

Posted by , on Dec, 2014

Many people believe that they do not need to get long term disability insurance because they have a false sense of security. You may think that you are a safe driver, you don’t participate in dangerous activities, and you are healthy. This false sense of security is something that can end up costing you greatly in the future. Statistics have shown that about 1/3 of people over the age of 35 will become disabled, regardless of their lifestyle. Only 23 percent of these people are eligible for government disability benefits. The other 77 percent are told they need to go back to work or find another source of income if they are unable to go back to work. The best way to protect yourself is to consider Long Term Disability Insurance in New Jersey.

What Is Long Term Disability Insurance?

Long-term disability insurance allows you to be covered in case you become disabled for over 90 days. Whether you have been seriously injured or are very ill and cannot work, long-term disability insurance would pay you until you are able to work again.

Why Should I Get Long Term Disability Insurance?

Just because you are unable to work, it does not mean that your bills will stop coming in. Regardless of your situation, you would still be required to pay your mortgage, utility bills, car payments and any of your other bills. When you have long-term disability insurance, you can concentrate on getting healthy so you can get back to work with the knowledge that your bills are getting paid.

How Do I Qualify to Use My Long Term Disability Insurance?

If you have long-term disability insurance, and would like to use it due to an illness or injury, you would need to see a doctor. The doctor would need to document for the insurance company that you are, in fact, too hurt or ill to work and that you would be unable to work for at least 90 days.

The best way to protect yourself in case of an accident or illness, consider getting Long Term Disability Insurance in New Jersey. If you have questions, click here to find out more.

 

 

Be the first to like.

Author:

Posted by , on Dec, 2014

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shares